Gingerbread Cupcakes

Gingerbread Cupcakes

Saturday 5 May 2012

The Foodie's Psalm

Praise the LORD.

Praise the LORD, O my tastebuds;
   all my digestive juices, praise His holy name!

Praise the LORD in the kitchen;
   praise him from the oven.
Praise him for his acts of edible creation,
  praise him for his surpassing variety of proteins and carbohydrates.

Praise him with the casserole dish,
   praise him with the saute pan.
Praise him with the santoku knife,
  praise him with the twelve-hour marinade.

Praise him with fresh coriander and grated lemon rind,
  praise him with hot roast chicken and crackling pork.
Praise him with parmesan shavings over creamy risotto,
  praise him with maple syrup dripping from hot waffles.

Praise him with frangipane and creme patisserie,
  praise him with tempered chocolate.
Praise him with coulis, sorbet and praline,
  praise him with grenache, soave and cabernet shiraz.

Let everything that has TASTE praise the LORD!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there. Mister Spence here. I've only just spotted your comment on my Doctor Who blog. I realise it could be years old so, firstly, my apologies for not replying sooner. Secondly, is there an email address where you would like me to contact you?

    Thanks
    -MS

    ReplyDelete